Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 3 in DC

Today we went to the Washington legal clinic for the homeless and learned a lot about the characteristics of people who are homeless in DC. That talk I will always remember because there are so many people that need beds and not enough places that offer beds all the time. I didn't realize that homelessness was at such a high rate here. We went to the Holocaust memorial museum. It was heartbreaking to see so many people that lost their life because of one man. I knew it was bad but I didn't know that the US could have done so much more to help out. I am so grateful for everything I have and that our country is not allowing just one person to gain power.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy reading your updates & so proud of all of you! Stay open to all that is around you & give/ receive all this experience has to offer! Tell Meredith we love her :-)

    ReplyDelete